Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Date and a Babysitter

Yesterday at lunch, Ryan asked me out on a date. Of course, I was excited but after saying YES!!!, my first thought was, what about Truett? My sweet man had already taken care of it and asked sweet Kayla to come keep him while we went to dinner. Kayla is one of "my high school girls" as I like to call them and absolutely LOVES Truett. So, I knew she was super excited as was I - an hour out with just me and my husband while our FIRST babysitter stayed with our little man. 
We had a fun time. We went to a little place downtown - Orleans Bistro - where they have great food. Ryan remembered how much I enjoyed it a week or so before Truett was born when he took me there for a big juicy steak! I will have to say that the steak was better than my lemon pepper catfish last night, but Ryan's company far exceeding everything! There was a moment during our meal that he was telling me something and I just zoned out feeling like we were on a date before we got married! Such a good feeling when you have a 3 month old at home and you're celebrating your 2nd anniversary! I love that man! 
So, Kayla survived with Truett! She even got to change his diaper! Sorry, girl! I decided that we needed to document his first babysitter! Thanks, Kayla!







Please excuse the Pacimal! Truett was screaming his head off but we had to have the picture. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so sweet!! I am glad yall got a night out! I have friends who try to do that once a month! Let us know if you need another babysitter!!

amie simpson said...

YAY Kellie....so glad you have a blog! I love to read them. You will have to check out the Simpson page. Tru is a beauty! Love him!

Beth Morgan said...

I really LOVE your husband. How sweet is he to ask you out on date. I think I want him giving my future hubs tips :).

Breisch and Angie Stallings said...

I am loving this new blog!!