Monday, September 21, 2009

From Bumbo to Big Boy

No, this is not a post about Truett just now eating solid food! This picture was just too cute. BUT it is a post about his new high chair! Some people wouldn’t be so excited about something so big and bulky to go in your house, but ME, I’m SO excited that Truett finally has a high chair.
I think the best advice I could give a parent if you don’t have every single thing for your child before he/she is born would be... try to live without it as long as you can! I told Ryan after we got Truett’s Bumbo, we’ll just get a tray and that can be his “high chair” until we really think we need one. That’s just was we’ve done and oh how thankful I am that I don’t have to put the baby on the coffee table to feed him any longer! HA!
Saturday, I made a trip down to Jackson to buy a high chair and see Bebe and Pops. Suzanne joined us for lunch and we all four made the trip to Babies R Us to pick out the perfect high chair! If you know me, I’ve been trying to think of every way possible to come up with an alternative or find an antique chair that I could refinish. BUT I finally realized the other day, I have a child and my house is going to look like it! Thank you, Jesus for that freedom! So, we touched and felt and put Truett in the one we liked most. He absolutely loves it! Ok…well maybe that’s just me! But he can sit up high anywhere we put him and it’s too cute! Thanks so much Bebe and Pops! What a blessing!!


Mom and baby so excited about our new chair!

2 comments:

Susan B said...

Look at our BIG boy!!! I am so glad he has a high chair and is enjoying it.. He is growing so fast and is a handsome little man!!

Steve and I .... said...

Yeah, it is rough having the toys and stuff around, but what a blessing!!! Soon he will be in that travel booster chair thing that fits on your table chairs. He'll sit there for a LOOOONG time. :) Ya'll are so cute this picture! LOVE IT!