Friday, June 25, 2010

A Fun Father's Day

Father's Day was a special day! Not only was it all about our daddys but we got to spend it with the whole Burnham crew at the Rawson's house! The Rawsons are my oldest sister, Julie's, in-laws. They are like family! So, Mrs. Sherry invited us all out for shrimp and fish and LOTS of food (wish I had a picture). We were all STUFFED when we left ... shrimp, fish, potatoes, corn, slaw, hushpuppies, cream cheese pound cake with all the toppings, fruit, pies that never came out of the fridge, and homemade ice cream. I'm sure there was more that I never saw!
Let's just say, Mrs. Sherry knows how to host a big group!!

After lunch, we went out to the lake behind the house to do a little fishing. No one caught anything worth writing home about but we had a good time sweating our booties off!! And the Sasser kids just loved every part of it!



Jake got a few lessons from his daddy



Dean could do it all by himself!



Princess Madelynn can get anything she wants ... and Jake took advantage too!


So, Happy Father's Day to my dad and my husband!!

It was a precious day for me to be able to spend it with both.
My dad is a wonderful man. He is a humble, Godly man, a servant, and so hardworking. I have learned so much from him for the past 30 years. I am so proud to call him my DAD!



Me and my sweet daddy



three girls ... I wonder if we were a hand full growing up!?

My sweet husband ... I must say, I looked forward to the day that he would be a father to our children from the day we married. He's so great with Truett, and Truett definitely loves his daddy! Bath time is their time every night ... not always the most pleasant time lately but Ryan is still a trooper with him! Ryan is a wonderful dad too! It's so exciting to watch my boys together and know that Truett will learn so much from his daddy just like I have!



after church ... playing with Pops FIRST gift
Truett LOVES his daaayeeee!



We love our daddy!!!

No comments: