Friday, March 26, 2010

Never say never!

Never say say never. I admit it. I said never. I might have even said never ever. I remember seeing all those helpless parents. Stuck. Watching. Bored. But now I am in a place I thought I'd never be. And you know what? I kind of like it. ha!

So if the picture doesn't tell the story, here it goes. I came home for lunch at our house to find Truett watching the devil. Well not quite the devil but that big purple monster also know as Barney. Truett absolutely loves Barney! I have no idea but it is quite the phenomenon. He stands directly in front of our TV with his little hand stretched up to touch it (which results in us having little boy hand print smudges all over our TV! ha).

Anyway, back to the story. Truett is mesmerized by this big purple dinosaur. Fast forward to my favorite time of the week.... 5PM Friday. I was planning to stop by Walmart and pick up the movie Disneynature: Earth at the Redbox.... wasn't there. So I ended up getting "Where the wild things are." Anyway, I decided to run through the electronic section and make a loop. Because it IS friday in Grenada and that's what you do! So to cut off this long story I ended up buying the movie below (Barney. Numbers! Numbers!)






















So, I guess it is official... I am one of those Barney parents! Kellie I guess this makes you guilty by association! And I have to say its not that bad. After all when something makes Truett as happy as Barney, I'm more than happy to spend five bucks on a DVD. Even if I did say "never ever." Why? I love that little boy!

Momma Berry: HA! I would just like to say that PBS is the ONLY cartoonish channel we have and at lunch time at 12:30, it's BARNEY!!! UHHHHH!!! But if he loves it, he loves it! And if his daddy loves to see him love it, it makes it even better! You really will do anything for your kids!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember when my sister was a baby and Barney had first come out with his show. I thought we were going to die because she wanted to watch Barney over and over and over again. As soon as the tape ejected. She learned how to push it back in, hit rewind, and then play. Call us cruel, we eventually hid them from her.

Susan B said...

I love you---you love me--- we're a happy family.... that's what Barney says anyway!!! You loved the smurfs so Truett has Barney... relax it could be the wiggles that Parker adored....