Thursday, April 8, 2010

Praying for Carter



I don't even know this little boy personally. He sure has made an impact on me today though!
His mother, Lindy is from Grenada and apparently grew up in our church. I met her one day at the church while she was there for the day. About two years ago, I remember our church asking for money to give this family after they lost their home to a fire.
Remaining faithful, they now have four children (the last two twins of about 8 or 9 months) and have been waiting on a heart for this little guy, Carter. He is FIVE years old and received that heart today! He is currently out of surgery and will be monitored through the night to make sure his new heart is not rejected.
Please pray for him and his family! I cannot imagine experiencing such a big surgery with my little Truett but know that my Lord would carry me through! Carter's parents must be truly amazing people!!
Go here to read their story.

Also, I can't help but think about the parents that must have lost their little one with the strong heart Carter has received today.

No comments: