Saturday, April 10, 2010

Blue is Lost

It is hard to transition from the last post about Carter to this post but I will try anyway. It looks like Carter is doing well and hopefully he is on his way to a living a full life with a four chambered heart! Keep praying for the Oswalts and those taking care of him.

The short and skinny.... Blue, our Golden Retriever, is missing. As a reminder, Blue was an engagement present from Kellie just a few weeks before we got married. Here is a picture from when I got her. This picture was approximately 3 years ago when we lived in Flowood.
















Anyway, the longer story. For several years I wanted to run in the Buffalo Peak 4 mile run. Every year I miss out for some reason or another. So yesterday I saw on their website that the race was today. When I get off of work I pitch the idea to Kellie about the race. She is ready to hit the road. After loading up the car with all the necessities (crackers, pack and play, kitchen sink, juice, 15 gallons of milk, you know the usual stuff), we head to Jackson with no place to stay. After grabbing a quick bite at Sal and Mookies, we we end up getting a room at the Sleep Inn in Flowood. Bumped into Karen Howell and some other old friend. We got up early and I ran the race at 8. Got to see lots of old friends at the race. Generally had a good time. After a few stops in the Metro we headed north.

When we pulled up to the house, I check the mail and then go to check on Blue. I didn't see her in the yard but I thought I heard Kellie talking with her. She wasn't talking to her. Then I noticed the gate was open and it looked like a dog tried to dig under the fence. The gate/fence is old and rickety and I had planned to build a new one this weekend. Instead, I went to run a race. Blue had just gotten out of heat so she was probably "frisky". Maybe TMI for some of you.

Anyway, back to the short and skinny... Blue is lost and the Trubluberrycrew is without our Blue. We are sad. If you see a Golden Retriever in Grenada, let us know. -RMB




















***UPDATE: BLUE IS FOUND!!***
We got a call about six from a guy across town and he told us that he had our dog. Apparently she hooked up with a monster black lab and they have been roaming the creek behind our house. On a related note... let me know if you want me to reserve you some golden retriever/ black lab puppies... ha

2 comments:

The Sasser Crew said...

OK So I just read this and so glad that Blu is found!! I was about to cry. Good luck with the puppies!!!

Kellie Berry said...

my sweet husband! all i could think about while she was gone was that she was a gift to you and oh how much you love your Blue!
She's a wild lady but not for long!!!
Hemi, a wall is about to be built in your honor called a BIG OLE FENCE!!!
SOOOO glad she's back even if she does drive me a little bit crazy!