Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Little Man Goes to MMO ... Mom cleans house!

Today was Truett's first day at Mother's Morning Out at the Methodist church here! It is such a blessing to have that here! All the ladies were so sweet, and Truett was having a good time when I went to pick him up. If you're a stay-at-home mom, you probably understand why one would send their child to MMO. My reason is not just because I want to get some things done. Although I worked on getting the never-ending boxes out of the house and hanging a few things on the wall — but mother's morning out is going to work so well for me because MOM IS GOING TO SCHOOL! What!??? Well, it's not that big of a deal. I'm just taking one online class through HCC to see if I might like to try to get into nursing school. What am I thinking?! It's something I've always wanted to do, and my super, great, supportive husband has been so encouraging!
Truett will go to MMO on Mondays and Wednesdays while I come home and do school. I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology 1. So, it's going to be interesting. I've always loved and been fascinated with the body and how it works. So, it should be fun. 
Our little man is growing up! Going off to school and all ... it really is amazing how fast it goes!

4 comments:

Marsha said...

You would be an awesome nurse! I hope you enjoy your class. I realized school is a little more interesting when you're a non-traditional student with a career goal in mind:)

amie simpson said...

YAY for you! I would see if you could do some observation at the local hospitals and clinics there, to make sure that is something that you are reallyintersted in. I wish that I had done that before nursing school! I will say that nursing school was very time consuming, but worth it in the end!! good luck!!!

Tara said...

Saw Ms. Martha today! Sounds like changes are in the air for everyone :) glad you are all doing well. I'll be up there for the next couple of Mondays!

Megan said...

Good luck on schooL! That's so exciting!