Tuesday, May 4, 2010

OBSESSION???

I think we are beginning to embark on some of the sweetest times of Truett's childhood. I'm sure I'll say that 5 million more times in his life (I hope) but this little favorite thing I can guarantee I won't forget!
Before Truett was born, I bought the Push and Pop book, "Things That Go!" at Dirt Cheap for DIRT CHEAP. I think it was like 50¢. He's liked it but OH BOY!!! Now, HE LOVES IT!! I mean, we're bordering on obsession! This is his favorite book!
He's so obsessed with it that we've started hiding it when enough is enough if you know what I mean! Let me just say that I am SO GLAD that my child is obsessed with reading and I hope it continues because I am not the reader I would like to be. But when you start to quote a book, you know it's bad!
I was telling my mother-in-law about it today, and she told me of a book she used to read to Ryan's oldest brother, Trey. She began quoting it and said she could just about remember the whole thing! Might I add that he's in his late 30s ... IMPRESSIVE, Bebe!!!
How precious! I love how Truett wants to sit in your lap and help 'push and pop' as he learns about the "Things that Go!".
Did I mention that there are things that pop up when you turn a wheel on the side of the book. I really believe that's the obsession, but at least it's about the book!

What sweet times!!! I love it!

Dad can't resist! I think SIX times is the max before the book disappears under the table!
Look how sweet!!

2 comments:

Kim Shirley said...

We SO understand the book disapearing act. Around O's birthday we had to hide the Big Bird's birthday book. He expected you to sing everytime. Ugh! But I'm with you, it makes me so happy to see him like books!!

Susan B said...

thank you for sharing the sweet pic and for developing Truett's love of books.. I know sometimes it get OLD but it will definitely pay off in his development and intelligence..