Wednesday, May 26, 2010

WHAT A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

Ryan and I ran away Friday for a little anniversary weekend. Mimi and Pop were taking Truett on their weekend excursion to the Sassers. So, we left town for Kosciusko to drop T off and then headed south. I didn't realize it until the day, but this was the first weekend Ryan and I have had together to do whatever we wanted. Truett has stayed away several times but it was always for some other reason. So, I was excited!

These pictures are from Friday morning
waiting for Daddy to get off work.



Truett with his box from a new toy.



He did this himself! Crazy kiddo!

We stopped Friday night and had birthday dinner at Berry's seafood in Magee for Pops' birthday. YUM YUM!! And spent that night at the Berry motel (aka Bebe and Pops' house).

LET THE WEEKEND BEGIN



Then, Saturday morning we headed out to canoe the Okatoma! If anyone has known me since I was a child, you would know I do not favor canoeing! (I almost drown on this river when I was around 5) BUT this was all my idea and I actually enjoyed it! I just wanted to do something outside that we would both enjoy! Of course, I have no pictures of this event! Urg!!!!! It was really fun and only took us about 2 hours ... supposed to last about 4. Oops!

So, we headed back to Jackson where we stayed at the newly renovated King Edward Hotel downtown. It was so nice and just down the street from where we had out first date!
So, we strolled down to The Mayflower (an old Jackson gem) for dinner! YUM YUM!!! rolls and comeback sauce!!! Again ... no pictures!!!



This is the Mayflower.
Ryan gave this to me framed for our first Christmas
the image is by Stephen Little of Jackson

Then, RobinHood was the movie of choice. ***** from me! I was really impressed that they could remake a movie that's been remade several times and it still be so good!!
Sunday morning, we headed back to KO to get the little man who was EXHAUSTED after his big weekend with Mimi and Pop and cousin Jake!



This was his position for the trip home after
he'd already slept an hour at the house while we visited!

What a fun weekend! Thanks everyone for making it possible and thanks to my hubby for making it great and just what I wanted! BUT we were all glad to back under one roof and ready to tackle the first week at home with no MMO!!!

No comments: