Monday, January 18, 2010

New things at the Berry House

I know you guys have been DYING ... I mean on the edge of your seat dying ... to see all the updates we've done to our house all finished and beautiful! I promise i haven't been holding out on you. We've been holding out on the house! Since I started working with the students at the church and taking a class last semester online, the blog AND the projects slowed down just a little bit! BUT we had a very productive weekend doing little finishing touches but we wanted to show off just a couple of our NEW things around the house!


This is the most exciting of all! We finally got rid of the solid wood door and let a little light in the den. What a beautiful door and just the beginning of transforming the outside of the house!

New ... teenage guys helping? HA!! No! But they did help me pull off a great surprise for Ryan ... not having to pick the bed up and put it together after a long week!


Ryan and I have been looking for a bed since we got married. The slow to find the right thing people we are, we've (or maybe I) FINALLY found the perfect bed and the perfect deal!! LOVE IT!!!


And last but not least, someone is doing A LOT of new things! Truett has overnight become quite the little man! No more baby food for him unless mom is too lazy to fix something! Seriously, I've realized how little I have cooked in the past 10 months but we're loving it! He thinks he's so big — really wanting to walk, but loving to crawl. He's such a joy and the highlight of our days!
It's hard to believe he'll be a YEAR OLD in a little over a month!

There is a lot more going on with the house. Promise, more to come!

3 comments:

susanb said...

thank you thank you for the pictures.. I love the front door!! It looks wonderful.. changes the whole look of your house.. great job! I also Looove the bed!! it is similar to one I had seen and liked.. very good looking..will be good furniture addition. And oh I loved seeing my sweet little man.. he is such a cutie pie and growing up too fast..

Courtney and Jason G. said...

looks great kellie!!! What a handsome little guy... you are a
super mom!!

Betty said...

I love that front door! I want one like that, too. And that bed is gorgeous! What a pretty bedroom. Please show us more soon. Truett is so cute. Enjoy every minute!