Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Baby Boy's First Swim, Cabinets, and a Hard Working Man

Today has been a big day! Bebe went home yesterday. So, it was going to be just me and Tru. I called Kayla yesterday and made an "appointment" with the busy girl to come visit and see her graduation gifts not knowing that Ryan was taking the day off to work on the house today. It all worked out though!
We all went to the house this morning and I cleaned kitchen floors and wall before the guy came to install the cabinets while Ryan continued work on his roof project. Truett let me do that much and I headed back home to get little man fed and get some lunch before going to see Miss Kayla. 
After lunch, the guys came to install the cabinets!!! So, 
I got to sneak a peek at them on my way to see Kayla. SWEET!! They look great, I must say!!! It's so exciting to see everything coming together. Now, Ryan just has to finish the roofing and then we'll be in high gear to get the inside going. 
The Carson crew was in the pool when we got there. So, Kayla, being the great swimming teacher she is, took Tru for a dip. Kayla's mom had a hat ready for Tru and he was set. He definitely didn't mind the water. He just kind of stared. I think he was so sleepy! Poor baby ... his mom took him on an outing during his nap time. We enjoyed the visit with the Carsons and headed home so Tru could dive in the bed. He is currently laid out on his back with his arm cocked behind his head. So, it's been a big day in Berryland! Dad is still working. Hope he's home soon! He's a hard working man! Let us know what you think about the changes. It can only go up from here! Sorry for this completely random, choppy post. I'm a little pooped!!

Where the kitchen is now ... 
the existing cabinets will have crown moulding 
too after we remove that funky paneling above it.

hardworking dad on his day off

5 comments:

susanb said...

WOW WHEE!!! The cabinets look so good! It is amazing to see how far things have come in such a short time.. Proud of you two!!!!

The Sasser Crew said...

I am soooooo loving this!! They look great!!! Totally living vicariously....... And way to go Tru--gotta have a water baby!!

Betty said...

It's exciting to see the changes! I love the cabinets and the open feel of the kitchen/den area.

Erin Harvey said...

Yeah, I just watched the video again...and sent it to Katie. She said she LOVED his smile and I said, "Well, you know, I'm kind of particular with my baby friends." The fact that Katie and I are not in the baby stage and vote him #1 baby is kind of a big deal. You know, like us. Kind of a big deal.

Beth Morgan said...

I hope you gave your hubs a really fantastic Father's Day present. Ryan...you are doing a wonderful job on the renovations.

I can't wait to come visit in October and see ya'll and the new house. LOVE YOU!