Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Demo Begins


KITCHEN
DEN
BACK ADDITION/PORCH
So, we've started the process. The new house is well underway to being our new HOME! Ryan is working on repairing the roof of what will be the back porch (currently an addition and a BOOGER), he's torn out the kitchen cabinets, torn down the kitchen partitions and I'm sure more that I can't remember. I've done  little bit ... mostly hauling out everything Ryan tore out, but last night I got to go over and rip up all the carpet throughout the whole house! Can we sayDISGUSTING?!! It looked like someone had peed over every inch of it! We even had dinner at the house last night for the first time before starting work ... no take out for us ... beef stir fry with rice and sweet tea!! YUMMY!

Ryan's mom came so I could go to the doctor yesterday to get rid of the crud and help Ryan as much as I can. She's so great and Truett is loving hanging out with his Bebe. So, we're hard at it and trying to get ready for the guy doing the cabinets to come install them Thursday. I just got back from taking down cabinet doors and pulling up 2 layers of linoleum floors. Feast your eyes on the disaster!

7 comments:

EBW said...

Wow..that is quite an undertaking. I love seeing the before and afters!

Karen said...

I love it! Keep posting before and afters!

The Sasser Crew said...

Thanks for the pictures. Our own little HGTV show!!!

Erin Harvey said...

I can't believe how quickly you have already made sooooooo many changes! I can't wait to see it in person!

Tara said...

Girl, I'm excited for ya'll, but the pics are bringing back memories of our own demo. Yuck...at least ya'll aren't living in it while the process is going!

Courtney and Jason G. said...

dont waste any time burnham- jump right n there.

susanb said...

The pics look great!! I am so proud of you two and all the hard work you have done.. it's going to great!!